The Beginning

The Beginning

nivo slider image nivo slider image

In 1836 five Carmelite Nuns came by Bianconi Coach from Warrenmount, near the Liberties in Dublin to Tallow, Co Waterford. The late Parish Priest Rev. Denis O’Donnell left a considerable amount of money to Build “a Convent and school where girls would be educated”. Rev. Eugene Condon, his successor carried out Fr. O’Donnell’s wishes by purchasing two acres of land by the banks of the river Bride from the Duke of Devonshire and supervised the building of the convent which he placed under the patronage of Saint Joseph. The Foundation stone was laid on the Feast of Saint Joseph.

The Journey to TallowDays of FamineCreative Fidelity